Chicken Miso Soup
2 tablespoon miso paste (ready to use)
1 boneless chicken breast and skin (±375g)
1 tablespoon ginger, sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
50g rice or noodles
2 tablespoons frozen or canned sweet corns
2–3 straw mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 stalks spring onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Bring water to boil in a pot.
- Add miso paste into the boiling water and mix well.
- Add chicken, ginger and garlic. Bring to boil and reduce the heat. Cover partially and continue cooking for 20 minutes or until the chicken becomes tender.
- Remove the chicken and cut into pieces according to preference.
- Put the chicken into the broth together with the noodle, corns, straw mushrooms and half of the spring onion. Add soy sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the noodles become soft.
- Serve immediately in a bowl while it is hot. Garnish with the rest of the spring onion.