Blueberry and Banana Oatmeal with Lemon Crema
1 cup quick-cooking oats
3 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 punnet fresh blueberries (about 150g) 1 whole ripe banana
For the lemon crema:
Zest of 1 lemon 150ml double cream
- Combine the oats, water and salt together in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a gentle simmer, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Wash and pick through the blueberries, discarding any that appear bruised or damaged. Make sure that you dry the blueberries thoroughly. Set them aside.
- Peel the banana and cut into 4 equal parts and slice each part into 5 slices. Set them aside.
- To make the lemon crema, combine the lemon zest
and double cream in a small bowl, and whisk until slightly thickened.
- To assemble, take 4 medium bowls and add the warm oatmeal to each. Scatter the blueberries and bananas over the top of the oatmeal. Place a generous dollop of the lemon crema on top of each and serve.
Everything, except the preparation of the oatmeal, can be done in advance and assembled as soon as the oatmeal has been cooked.