Poached Pear in Spices Served with Chocolate Sauce
A decadent dessert for those special occasions. Add some dark chocolate shavings for an added twist.
• 4 almost ripe pears (Packham or Anjou type), peeled but leave the stem intact.
• 1.5 litre of water
• 3 cinnamon sticks
• 10g cloves
• 10cm fresh ginger, peeled, crushed
• 3 star anise
• 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (if desired)
FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
• 125g chocolate with
• 70% cacao, melted
- Heat water together with spices in a pot until boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add pears and cook to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Preparing chocolate sauce: break the chocolate into small pieces, put them in a glass bowl and melt it by steaming.
- Take the pears and place it on the serving plate and add 2 spoonful of hot chocolate sauce.
- Serve immediately.
• Pears can be prepared one day in advance, and kept in the refrigerator. It can be served hot or cold. • Chocolate sauce must be prepared just before serving as it is easily hardened even without refrigeration.