Grilled Chicken Breast with Rocket Salad
This quick and easy recipe ensures that the chicken breast stay nice and moist. You can add a spoonful of pomegranate seeds, if they are in season for an added crunch.
• 4 chicken breast fillets
• 4 tablespoons bottled teriyaki sauce
• Freshly ground coarse black pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 packet / 200g rocket leaves (or spinach), well washed, and dried
• 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 1 tablespoon honey
- Take 1 piece of chicken, place between 2 sheets of cling film and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until the breast is about 4mm thick. Repeat with the other chicken breast fillets.
- Brush fillets with the teriyaki sauce and season with black pepper. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- In a hot non-stick grill pan, drizzle the canola oil and cook each side of the chicken for about 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Place each fillet on a plate and put a big handful of rocket leaves and cherry tomatoes in the middle of the fillet. Drizzle some honey over the dish and pour the remaining juices from the pan on to the fillet. Serve immediately.